During this journey, I have wanted to find some verses that would be words we would cling to. I was reading in the chronilogical Bible the other days in Isaiah and these 3 stood out to me.
Isaiah 42:11-12
Let the wilderness and its towns raise their voices;
let the settlements where Kedar lives rejoice.
Let the people of Sela sing for joy;
let them shout from the mountaintops.
12 Let them give glory to the LORD
and proclaim his praise in the islands.
I love this verse so much because it is all about giving glory to the Lord in it. I don't want to take credit for anything...it is totally Him!!!
Isaiah 43:18-19
“Forget the former things;
do not dwell on the past.
19 See, I am doing a new thing!
Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the wilderness
and streams in the wasteland.
I love this verse! It just is all about great things God has in store for His people!!! I can just picture streams flowing through a once desert! And, this verse also has meaning because I picked up an old devotional book I had called, "Streams in the Desert." I picked it up last week and it has been great to find nuggets of wisdom in it here lately.
Isaiah 45:8
“You heavens above, rain down my righteousness;
let the clouds shower it down.
Let the earth open wide,
let salvation spring up,
let righteousness flourish with it;
I, the LORD, have created it.
This verse has a lot of meaning, too because of this title of the blog...joy in the rain...people usually associate rain to storms in ones life, which I originally named the blog because of our journey of infertility. But I love that this verse points toward God raining down His righteousness and blessings!!
No comments:
Post a Comment