Had our party at school the day before and everything was going as planned. But, ...then I called hubby on Thursday. He told me he had been supeoned (sp?) for work. He had to go downtown and fill out some paperwork at 9 am on Friday, Dec. 16th...yep, surgery day! I really thought he was kidding, but no. When you are supeoned, you go. A little change of plans. "My plans are not your plans," says the Lord.
But, it was okay because my sweet parents were going to be in the waiting room while he was gone. So, I went back to sit on the warm comfy bed to await surgery. They allowed my mom to come and hang out with me until I went into surgery which was about 45 minutes. I would not have been able to just sit and wait for that long by myself...the time flew by and I was so grateful for mom being there. God had beautifully orchestrated that hubby could go and do his work thing, dad went to grab some breakfast, and mom and I were back hanging out in the pre op room!
I remember waking up and trying to look at the clock. But, the clock wouldn't stay still. 11:30.
The next thing I remember was my drinking some Sprite and taking a white pill to help with pain. I had told her my pain was a 3, don't remember the first time I told her it was a 3. I saw my dr. and asked him if there was any endo. Yes, he said, a lot. And, I remember tears in my eyes and talking out loud to myself (which I tend to do after anethesia) and I said something to the effect of...maybe that's why..
The next thing I remember is getting up to go to the bathroom. I had downed about 1 1/2 cans of Sprite with the yummy ice (I told the nurse so) and couldn't go!! I remember seeing the dr. and loudly telling him, 'i can't go to the bathroom!!' (I wasn't mad or upset, just like, doc whatdoyathink about this???!!) He said wait a few minutes and try in a little while.
At this point, all I could remember was asking for hubby and the nurses not saying anything...then I decided that didn't work...then, I'll ask for my mom...then, they told me that hubby had to go to work for an emergency, and mom had to take dad to his dr. appt downtown! But, they assured me (which I don't think they really believed..:) that my friend was coming to get me!
It probably was good that I could focus on not going to the bathroom because I don't really remember caring that no one was back there with me!!! HA! (no offense hubs, mom and dad!) But, the lack of urine was the ONLY thing I was thinking about.
So, then I talked to this really young nurse. I told her I wanted to try to go to the bathroom again. And, then she told me about THE BUBBLES. WhAt???? BUBBLES??
If I blew bubbles in my Sprite cup, it takes the pressure off of my stomach muscles and allows me to empty my bladder!!
Let me just tell you IT WORKED!!!!
I blew bubbles for the next day and a half!!!!
So, my sweet friend, T, came and picked me up and stayed with me until mom n law came over. She was great.
The only thing I remember saying to her was, "oh, shoot, I forgot to ask the dr. when hubs and I can have sex again?!!!! I added something else, but thankfully, she's a good friend and just laughed it off. :)
My sweet friend, Design girl came and got my prescriptions and dropped them off at the pharmacy for me. All I remember was telling her how pretty she looked in her red coat! :)
So, Dr. told hubby that we have an increased chance to conceive in the next 6 months after surgery. So, after being cleared from surgery, we are going to try on our own for a couple of months and then meet with dr. in Feb. to discuss next step. I'm so very hopeful we will conceive on our own, but we'll see:)
I'm so very thankful.
For skilled doctors and nurses.
For a sweet hubby who is so supportive and provides for me immeasurably.
For super parents/mom n law who are so caring and do my laundry.For great friends who are so helpful and willing to help and bring us dinner!!
For friends from church who made me a basket of fun things for me!!
But, most importantly, So thankful for God's constant love and presence.
His strength in my weakness.
Exerpt from "Jesus Calling"
Dec. 21st
My plan for your life is unfolding before you. Sometimes the road you are traveling seems blocked, or it opens up so painfully slowly that you must hold yourself back.
...Do not fear your weakness, for it is the stage on which My Power and Glory perform most brilliantly. As you persevere along the path I have prepared for you, depending on My strength to sustain you, expect to see miracles--and you will.

No comments:
Post a Comment