so, after starting my period, i'm supposed to call dr's office on day 1. Usually, its either to go in to do a baseline ultrasound and check for cysts, or to adjust meds, or to continue on the same protocol/plan.
But, when i started on Wednesday i didn't even call until friday. I knew we were not going to do any meds/procedures this cycle, so i was in no hurry, i guess. But, now looking back, I'm glad I didn't call on Wednesday. After almost missing school Thursday bc of pain, I couldn't stop thinking about a laproscopic exploratory surgery. It's all I could think about Thursday night and Friday. Hubby had even mentioned the possibility of it Thursday morning bc of the pain...The surgery would look for endometriosis that can be painful during cycles. But, it may not be anything. But, surgery would show the dr. and we would get more info about our infertility..if it is still unexplained or if there is endo that would hinder a pregnancy.
I knew our 6 mos check up with dr was coming up in december and bc of insurance reasons I decided to go ahead and call and ask about the possibility of doing this surgery before the end of the year! I couldn't believe I was inquiring about it. But, I just couldn't get it off my mind. That is the Lord.
So, i called and nurse said he had a cancellation for an appt. for Monday at 3, only 3 days away. Unbelievable. His office usually takes a month to get an appt. That is the Lord.
So, we go to the appt. and talk with the dr. about the surgery. He said it's totally optional but with the pain I've been having and 2 inseminations that haven't worked, he thinks it would be a good choice. He explained it and told me the date he could do it which was a week and a half away and the same exact date that I was hoping it would be on. That is the Lord.
So, we set it up and we are waiting for insurance to give us the go ahead.
I cried a lot Monday evening. I was really thinking of this surgery in a bad way, but I realized this surgery is the next step for us. This is a very helpful surgery and I'm so glad that God gives us skilled doctors. I was adamant that I didn't want to do any more IUI's until I had this surgery...that doesn't sound like me, but I know it was the Lord working on my heart. That's why I'm glad I didn't call the dr's office until Friday. God's timing is perfect.
The verse I have been clinging to is one from Romans. His strength is made perfect in my weakness. HIS strength is made perfect in my weakness.
And, I wrote this quote down on a sheet of paper that has been in my coat pocket today. This exerpt comes from the book, Streams in the Desert:
"You can trust the man who died for you. You can trust Him to thwart each plan that should be stopped and to complete each plan that results in His greatest glory and your highest good. You can trust Him to lead you down the path that is the very best in this world for you."
Wow. And, He's with us, leading and guiding us down that path and I'm so thankful for His love for us.
No comments:
Post a Comment