Saturday, January 28, 2012

full

So, yesterday, at school, the kids shared their talents: some played the piano, some sang songs, some danced.  They were amazing.  I started tearing up when two girls did a sweet interpretive dance to 'This Little Light of Mine'.  Hear it below!

It was so meaningful and sweet.  

And, then I continued to cry at some of the other kids and their songs.  So worshipful and powerful.  

And, one of the little girls in my class asked to sit in my lap (I teach 4 year olds, so this is a daily request:)) and then another little girl came to sit on one other side of me and was patting me on the back as I had my arm around her.  

There is a book that has to do with infertility and it's called, "Empty Arms".   There may be another part of the title, but this is the only part that stuck out in my mind.  And, the Lord brought that title to my mind as I was sitting there holding those precious little ones.  

 It was as if the Lord was speaking to me and said...your arms aren't empty...they are full!!!  So full, that my arm and back were starting to hurt because of the weight and straining of my arms to hold these little ones.  
Yes, I don't have a little one of my own to hold in my arms...but my heart is full of these little ones that I teach every single day.  
It was a sweet moment and all I could do again was to ....CRY!  Crying, sweet, sentimental tears and so thankful for the undeniable precious moments that GOD gives me in this journey.  


No comments:

Post a Comment