Thursday, February 23, 2012

it's okay!

(This was a post from this past Tuesday.)

so, today, at school, I was teaching the kids our Bible verse for the week.  I love our Bible time in the classroom...it seems as if I learn as much if not MORE than the kids do! :)

I just knew I would know when the timing was right and today was the day to share with the kids about my heart desire.

My sweet little angel, the little boy who has encouraged me in my faith SO much was needing some encouragement today!

The kids were sitting on the carpet and I was sitting in one of their small chairs...(unusual for me..usually, I'm beside the felt board or in my teacher's chair.)
I told my little ones that our classmate, the little boy who is 4 years old, has encouraged me so many times.

Back in December, he told me 'Mrs. R....Nothing is impossible with God.'  Of course, I could barely get the words out...I was choking back tears today retelling that story!  I shared that with them and then I held one of my little ones faces in my hands and posed this question...'but, L, what if God doesn't give a baby to me?'  and that little one looked up at me without. missing. a. beat. and said, 'it's okay!'

ohh, how I loved hearing that!!!  It's okay!!!  We've talked a lot about what do we do when things don't go our way...and that God loves us SO much...We follow Him.  It was another sweet moment I've had this year with these little ones.

And, not only will it be okay,  God will give joy!  Psm. 40:8 "I take joy in doing your will, my God, for your instructions are written on my heart." Psm. 40:10b "I have told everyone in the great assembly of your unfailing love and faithfulness." And, He will show us His will...His good, perfect, and pleasing will.

Psm. 40:5 "O LORD my God, you have performed many wonders for us.  Your plans for us are too numerous to list.  You have no equal.  If I tried to recite all your wonderful deeds, I would never come to the end of them."


Thanksgiving and trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment