I feel that God has handpicked my friends for me, especially during this time in my life.
Crafty girl shared with me this precious story a couple of months back and it's been in my heart to post since then.
Crafty girl's wedding anniversary is the same as hubby and mine. Of course, we didn't know each other until years later and we became instant friends through our SS class at church when she was pregnant with her 2nd child. There are some people you just click with instantly. This is me and crafty girl.
She had her precious third little one, her little boy about a year and a couple of months ago. I had wanted to share with her about our desire to have a baby, but the timing was never right I didn't think. I didn't want to tell her while she was pregnant...that's not right. So, last March was the best time. She was super supportive and encouraging. I love that about her.
A few months ago, crafty girls' little boy, J, needed to have tubes in his ears. As she was holding him outside of the surgery center, in the lobby of the doctor's building, she told me she was praying for him and his upcoming surgery...and she happened to be looking at the roster of what other doctor's were in that building and saw one for fertility. She wondered if that was my doctor. And, she started praying for me. sweet. (it ended up being my drs office!)
She started thinking about when she was pregnant with J and how she went up on that elevator in that same building to hear updates of her little one in her tummy. And, then, she thought about all the wives and husbands who get on the same elevator, in that same building but don't get off on the floor of the OB dr...they go to the dr to talk about their infertility, etc.
I started tearing up when she was telling me this. absolutely.
She is so thankful for her little ones and thankful she was holding her youngest one in her arms. And, how she has been blessed by our opening up.
I am so thankful for her and for her sensitivity.
A couple of weeks ago she left me a cute happy on my car door at school:)
So thankful for the support that my sweet friends are to me!


That was so sweet of crafty girl!
ReplyDelete