Sunday, July 8, 2012

amazing day, may 7th

 So, May 7th came.
Hubby was supposed to fly a trip that Monday(the 7th)-Tuesday(the 8th), but it got cancelled because airplane needed maintenance.
Totally God.
Then, second plan was that hubby was supposed to flight instruct early Monday morning, but it got cancelled due to the rainy weather.
Totally God.
So, hubby got up at around 5:15 to turn the sprinkler off since the rain came.  So, I stumbled out of bed and went directly to take a test.
As i put it down on the bathroom mat and as the FMU(first morning urine) spread across the window, a little plus sign popped up!
I remember not screaming, not jumping, just kind of not believing it.

WhAt??!  I was mute.  no words, just looked up, tears welling up in my eye as I looked in the mirror at my rag a muffin hair do and went to find the flip video camera. Holding the test in my hand, I went looking for the flip video, so I could video hubby's reaction whenI told him.
But, not finding it quickly enough, I realized that that special moment was meant for just hubby and me to share without video documentation.

I stood at the edge of the hallway and the den as hubby was putting umbrella down by the back door.
And, I said, "Jim, it's positive." And, he said, "what?"  "It's positive."  Huh?
"Really?"  he said, "Let's not get our hopes up."
That is SO like hubby to say and feel.
My hopes?  ALWAYS up. ...usually to my disappointment, but always up.
But, he is my realist.  He keeps me level.

Jim then analyzed the test and realized he did not believe it.  So, he ran down to Walgreen's to get 3 more digital ones!!  this was at 5:30 am! Of course, I wanted to jump immediately in the car to tell my mom!   But, hubby said we needed to get blood test to confirm before we got our parents' hopes up!

So, he comes back and now the second, yet  within 60 seconds, the  first digital test popped up, "Pregnant"  This was 6:40 in the am. 


Protocol is usually to call dr.'s office, you go in later for a blood test and wait another whole day for the test to come back.  


This was SO not happening today.  


  

We were waiting at the door at 7:15 for office to open at 7:30.  Anxiously awaiting, we ran into our fav nurse who had been in the first part of our journey.  It was her first day back to work after maternity leave.  God gave us that sweet little but huge blessing!


So, we still were waiting for door to open... 7:30, 7:31, 7:32, 7:33, 7:34..it seemed like forever!  at 7:35, they opened the door and turned on lights.


I walked up to the counter.  "I'm not supposed to be here, but i got a positive hpt and i'm going to need a blood test."  


Sweet lady nurse took my blood and we saw nurse in charge and she said to call her back at her phone extension at noon for the results!  Yay!


So, off we went home to wait and pray for those results to come back positive!  I set the kitchen timer, so I would be sure not to miss calling the nurse...like that would slip my mind! :)


JIm and I were standing in the den when I put her on speaker phone.  First words...'congratulations!'  Wow, couldn't believe it.  it was so unreal.  After hanging up with her, I just bawled...so humbled, so thankful, so overwhelmed with these emotions I have hoped and prayed for!  


I had been keeping a specific journal during our cycle.
Cycle day 32--Praise!!  Plans changed 2 times today---(jim's schedule)
LORD OVER ALL


God is LORD over all---when the smallest details....(jim's schedule getting changed) to the biggest details...when the egg and the sperm joined up!!!  HE is LORD over ALL.



"He himself gives life and breath to everything…"     Acts 17:25b



No comments:

Post a Comment