Sunday, July 3, 2011

detours

definition of detour--a departure from a direct course or the usual procedure; especially : a roundabout way temporarily replacing a regular route

So, our RE nurse (Reproductive Endocrinologist) called about a week later after our dr's appt and said my thyroid levels were up from the blood work they did. (This could may or may not be the reason for infertility, so I was kinda encouraged.)

Timeline:
May 10 Rechecked levels with blood test
May 11 Thyroid levels came back that they ran the sub thyroid levels, but not the large number.
May 12 Ran numbers again from bloodwork from May 10
May 13 Didn't have enough blood to test numbers..still waiting. It was late Friday and I'll have to go in Monday to recheck.
Crazy week.

May 16 Rechecked levels.
May 17 Thyroid levels 14.6 Yowzers!!! Normal range is 0.5-4.5
I have an underactive thyroid, Nurse called in med to lower levels

After hearing that number, I wanted to be on meds fast!!! So, later that night I call pharmacy to see if the prescript was ready, they couldn't read the handwriting on it and Dr's office had already closed. So, had to wait until the next day. I cried on the couch.

May 18 Started taking medicine. Yay. Wait 3 wks for recheck.
We realize June is prob. out for IUI because of needing to get these levels at 2, 3, or 4.

(around end of May, I realize we prob. need to follow up on getting a benign fibroid in my breast checked out before doing any fertility treatments.) Appt. set for mammogram June 10

June 8 Recheck thyroid levels
June 9 Got results. On low dsg., levels were at 13.6. Only dropped a smidge. Nurse called in higher dsg. med. Recheck in 2 1/2 wks.
June 10 Had mammogram and ultrasound to look at benign fibroid. Dr's say I need to do a surgical consult and have it removed. Rough day.

June 27 Meet with breast surgeon.
Did a biopsy of it and plans for surgery July 7th, Bestie's inducing date!!!! I cried walking out of surgeon's office not because of having to do surgery, but missing Bestie's baby induction!!! (i have scheduled a lot out of the way to be there at the hospital on July 7!!! She had been instructed from day 1 to text me the moment her water broke, etc.!!!) Find out later that she is scheduled for c-section that day. Won't be able to see her, but I'm dealing with it. Will see her the next day after both of our surgeries!!!

Same day June 27 After biopsy, walked two buildings over to Recheck thyroid levels.
June 28 Levels have dropped to 8.8! Praise the Lord!! Dr. says stay on same dsg. med and recheck in 3 wks.

Typing all of this at one time is really overwhelming. Thank goodness this was all one day at a time and I'm very hopeful for what is to come!

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer. 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment