Sunday, July 3, 2011

rewind a couple of months: deciding to go to fertility specialist may 3

So, I really haven't posted about where we are in our journey in a couple of months. We have some more things going on and I want to blog each step of our journey.

So, rewind back to March. On Spring Break, I finally let go, put my oars in the water, and called to set up an appt. with a fertility specialist. You would think that wasn't a big deal, but it was for me. I was so hesitant about going for some reason and I think I was more scared of what treatments the dr. would suggest instead of just going to the dr.

I left a message with my gyny to get the name of the specialist they had referred me back in Sept. They called me back within 5-10 minutes which was unusual especially in the afternoon. Design girl had told me about her friend who had seen a certain fertility specialist in the area and it was the SAME dr. that my gyny referred me to!! Yay.

So, appt. was a month and a half later on May 3rd. Hubby and I took off of work for the day and walked in. We were the only ones there and waited for maybe 10 minutes. Yay. We met with our dr. and LOVED him instantly. We had heard he didn't have a really good beside manner but was the best in the city. But, let me tell you, I've never met a dr. this welcoming and nice. A surprising Yay.

((Sidenote: there have been so many yay moments in this journey. God is at work and we give Him all the praise!!))

Dr said I do ovulate, hubby checks out okay, and my tubes are clear. So, he said that we have unexplained infertility.

So, its good that nothing is wrong, but something just aint joinin' up!! (that incorrect english is my version, not dr's, btw!)

He gave us a few options. Hubby was awesome and looked at me and said, "what do you think?" Don't you just love that? he's a sweetheart.

Hubby and I discussed it and we felt the option we felt comfortable with was to do an IUI. This is where I take a hormone prescription on days 3-7 of my cycle to produce "super eggs", do ultrasounds to make sure the follicle has been stimulated correctly, take 1 shot to make me "super ovulate" and then do the IUI procedure.

With the dr., we were discussing that there is a slight, very slight chance that there could be multiples (only twins) with this procedure, but probably not. But, we were able to tell him that God knows how many children we need and how many He will give us!

We thought we would do the procedure soon in the Summer so I'll be out of school and won't have to miss any time away, etc.

But, God's ways are not ours and I'm thankful for that.

More to come!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment