Monday, September 19, 2011

IUI attempt #1 and #2

So, after posting last...i took all the meds that cycle, day 4 and 5 were Wednesday and Thursday the first two days of inservice at school.  But, I didn't have any bad side effects and was grateful for that.  We went for a vagy ultrasound...on that next Friday, day 14 of my cycle which was the 2nd day of school!  Wow!  My principal was okay with it..I would be at school by 9 bc my appt was at 7:30. 

So, the day of the ultrasound we were so excited!  I had my Vera lunchbox ready with my Ovidrel shot to induce ovulation after our plans were to see those HUGE follicles!  The technician looked for the follicles and saw some but not big enough to measure.  So, that meant that they were less than 10 mm.  They need to be 18 mm before inducing ovulation or doing the IUI.  So, they sent me and hubby to work and told me the nurse would call me later with instructions from the dr.

She called right as school dismissal was going on and I missed her call while I was at carpool.  She told us to have intercourse friday night, saturday night, and Sunday night and come in for progesterone b/w to see if I ovulated and how well.  So, we BD all three nights and I went the next week for b/w and my numbers came back as 6.8.    They said that I ovulated, but was supposed to be from 15-20 if on meds and 10-14 if not on meds.  So, mine was low. So, they said they would up my dosage from 2.5 mg to 5.0 mg each day cycle days 3-7.  So, I started taking the meds on a Friday night and ended them on a Tuesday.  I was a little more emotional and a few hot times, but nothing big.  I would do it again!

We decided to tell my principal about what was going on.  So, I told her and realized that she was super supportive and had been wondering what was going on.  I was relieved to tell her and I teared up at the end of my little spiel...:)

So, off to another ultrasound a few tuesdays ago.  Jim loaded up Vera Bradley lunchbox again with that lovely shot and we went in for an ultrasound 2 wks ago last Tuesday, September 6th.  This time I was really nervous for some reason...maybe nervous of that shot i had to do...because I just KNEW that at least one follie was at 18!!    There were 7 follicles on each side...all were immeasureable..  So, they sent us to work and said to come back Friday, Sept. 9th to check to see if one matured to 18!! 

So, we did.  Loaded up the lunchbox...that shot must be wondering, where am i going in this WAY CUTE lunchbox again?  The tech looked and saw that some small little follies wandering around and one was a little bigger at 11.2.  Not the 18 we had hoped for..but at least one was measurable.  She said dr. will call later that afternoon.
Nurse called.  Do ovulation kit tests for 7 days and time intercourse.  i did the tests for about 5 more days and never got a positive test..But we were really great at timing the practice:) practice makes perfect you know.
Monday, Sept. 12th, I called nurse to see if we could do another ultrasound on the 13th because maybe that follicle had grown?  She asked the dr. and he said there is not a good chance of the iui doing well after day 18 (they don't even do them at that point) and by that time, it was day 21. 
After hearing that news, I just sat in the parking lot of Kroger thinking that this may not happen for us.  We may not have a child of our own.  I just let it soak in.  No tears, but just being real.  with myself.
So, went grocery shopping and EV.ER.Y. pregnant lady or baby in a cute carseat, or cute family was in kroger today.  I'm serious.  I don't think i've ever seen so many.  Really?
I went home and was just overwhelmed by it all...just cried.
Then, tuesday, I was sad too.  Wednesday was a bad day at school.  I was on the verge of tears all day and kids were wild, 2 potty accidents, and one kid was lost (oh, wait, he was just hiding.)  Yep, tears welling in my eyes talking to my assistant.  who still has no idea what else is going on with me. 
So, thursday and friday are better.
Monday, I decided to tell my friend/teaching partner what had been going on.  She was very understanding and vowed to keep our secret.
So, Thursday, we will go to dr. to see what has been going on and what the next 'plan' is.  Honestly, I feel like since last Monday, I have felt like an emotional yo yo.  I have been sad and disappointed and not strong at all.  But, that is when we need to ask the Lord to guide us with each step of the way.

Looking at this picture of our "PLAN" kinda makes me laugh as not one thing has been systematic in this process except for the fact that my period comes every 27 days like clockwork!

Isa. 55:8 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
   neither are your ways my ways,”
            declares the LORD.
9 “As the heavens are higher than the earth,
   so are my ways higher than your ways
   and my thoughts than your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment