So, I was teaching my kindergarten class about the ten commandments recently. We learned the song and the hand motions. The last commandment that I taught them was: 'do not covet.' I was explaining that coveting is like you are grabbing something and you want something that someone else has.
And, I asked the kids what are some examples of things we covet. (it's always interesting when you ask 4 year olds open ended questions like this!?)
But, it was amazing to hear their responses....
you know the regular answers...toys, markers,
but then one girl said 'you know...like a sister!'...an odd thing to covet for a 4 year old, I thought...but maybe she wanted a sister in her family really badly!!
and, i said, what else is something that we covet sometimes?
And, this little boy at the front of the rug said, 'like a baby!'
I'm sure I had to ask him to say it again...but no mistake...he said baby.
And, I could barely talk...knowing that i may tear up at any moment.
I knew it was a word from the Lord.
I had been SUPER emotional that morning and the few days before...getting my period.
And, I knew I needed to hear this word from God. I am not to covet. not even for a baby!!!
God speaks through different people...and I know He was speaking to me through a precious Jr.Kindergarten student that day.
Many times I am learning just a much that the kids are!
No comments:
Post a Comment