i've had this blog post in my mind every since the Royal Wedding in April. During the full video footage of the wedding, i saw a moment from the new princess which was so sweet. After Prince William and Princess Kate waved to the crowds and gave the crowds a much deserved kiss, they turned and walked away to their parties to celebrate. As they turned to leave, Princess Kate turned one more time and glanced over her shoulder and smiled at the crowd.
I found that same moment in a pic online.
I thought to myself, I cannot imagine the pressure she must feel. Now, as Princess. Pressure to wear the right clothes, see the right people, go to the right places, be the right person.
And, then I thought of how much pressure she is under about conceiving an heir to the throne! Wow, talk about an infertile woman's nightmare!!! No pressure!
But, then I remembered this quote that is hanging in my kitchen by the great missionary Hudson Taylor.
It matters not how great the pressure;
It only matters where the pressure lies.
See that it comes not between you and the Lord;
then the greater the pressure,
the more it presses you to Him.
-Hudson Taylor

No comments:
Post a Comment