I've been a little reluctant to write recently...because my infertile struggles really aren't struggles that compare to some I've heard about recently.
So, two weeks ago, my friend, fun girl and her family found out that her dad has cancer of the thyroid and that it has spread into lymph nodes in his neck and some in the chest. They are unable to do surgery, but may use an experimental drug possibly. They will find out more info this week. Everyone was caught so off guard because he has had no symptoms and is in great shape. And, there he was greeting and helping people today at church, serving the Lord through the heartache. He has a wonderful attitude. I saw him, hugged him, and turned around and lost it. I was bawling my eyes out walking up the stairs to sunday school. He was stronger than me! Hubby said people were going to think we were in a fight I was crying so hard! Those raw emotions just hit you and I know this precious family is strong in the Lord through this heartbreak.
A young Godly mom of 35 years old passed into glory 2 days ago from her battle with cancer. She leaves her husband and 3 children and sisters, parents, and loads of friends.
It puts things into perspective for me. This infertilty that we are going through no way compares to the heartache they are feeling now or will be feeling in the next days and months. Do all our struggles matter to God? Yes, even the smallest. But, I have to say that it puts everything into perspective. Being a momma is a want and desire in my life and God cares about that, but that shouldn't be my focus.
Next post.... The Lord has been working on my heart about sharing our infertility struggle with coworkers, ss class, and more friends. Sharing this with a lot of people will be hard for me. But, I don't want to hold back secrets just because i don't want to hear what people say or because of my pride. More coming in the next post!
No comments:
Post a Comment